Monday, October 14, 2013

Conference and Christmas Light Season

In most households, October is exciting because Halloween is coming up and you get to find an awesome costume and start making things with pumpkin (cookies, cakes, milkshakes, etc) and carve pumpkins and the changing of seasons from summer to fall, the list is endless really. However in our house, October 1st indicates the beginning of Christmas Light Season. That's right folks, if you like Christmas lights that cover every square inch of the outside of your house, October 1st is the day to begin untangling lights, testing strands, buying replacements if necessary, and drawing out schematics for your light display (I wish I had a schematic to show you all but I guess you will just have to see the finished product). Basically staring October 1st I loose my husband to his other great love, Christmas Lights. I knew of this love prior to marriage so I guess I can't really complain that I rarely see my husband from October 1st to Thanksgiving day. There are worse things in the world. This year my husband and father-in-law have decided to make some grand additions to the display so there has been a lot of extra work done to put those ideas into action. I will admit, they are some pretty awesome additions. I look forward to seeing the finished project. I do wish that my husband didn't look like he was in a fight everyday from October to December. His tree really beats up on him. You'd think he was putting lights up in the whomping willow.

But enough with the Christmas lights. We still have a month and a half before it is Christmas time, truthfully it is even less than that almost (holy cow!!! Where has time gone?!?).

So two weekends ago was General Conference. That is truly one of my favorite weekends of the year. I love being able to listen a Prophet of God speak to us and give us those things we need to make it through this life and back to our Heavenly Father. There were way too many good talks to choose a favorite so I won't even get into that but I will just say that it was one of the most spiritually uplifting conference sessions I can remember. I still feel so positive and just comforted despite all the crazy scary stuff that's going on in the world. I am so grateful to be a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I have definitely seen the blessings in my life and in our lives since we have been married because of the gospel. We have been blessed with financial stability, a place to live, jobs, and other  things that we maybe didn't need but  have been fortunate to have.

Life is good! We celebrated our 2nd anniversary in August [sheet fort, Texas Roadhouse, Coldstone and the Goonies. Perfection :)] and we couldn't be happier!  We look forward to the continuation of our journey together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment