Monday, July 23, 2012

Batman!

This past week we went to the premier of The Dark Knight Rises. Can I just say that it was epically amazing! Our family REALLY likes batman. Colton's favorite thing to do is walk around the house saying "I'm Batman" in his batman voice. He is pretty good at the voice, I definitely am not good at the voice. Anyway, I will not bore others with our liking for batman, it is probably a little unhealthy for two grown people but sometimes you have to embrace your inner child :) However before I leave the topic of our Batman obsession I would like to share a link to one of our favorite things to look up on youtube. 


We thoroughly enjoy the how it should have ended videos. It is our favorite thing about new movies with the exception of the midnight premier of the actual movie. If you get nothing else from this post hopefully it causes you to go to hishe.com and watch all the how it should have ended videos. Well at least the ones you have seen the real version of. They aren't funny if you haven't seen what they are making fun of.

Anyway back to the premier. I'm not gonna spoil the movie by any means because that is just plain rude. I would hate to take the first time experience away from anyone but I will say that it was bat-tastic ;)

 We went with Colton's cousins (Shaun, Jeremiah, Kirsten) and Jill and then Kirsten had a few friends that met up with us and Shaun brought his girlfriend Ashley. We got there at like 9:30 and almost made it on tv because channel 3 news was doing their report in front of where we were standing, but then the line moved and we made it inside away from the camera. We played a few games of UNO while we waited in line and found that it is a much more fun game when it is played with more than 2 people which is how Colton and I are used to playing UNO. All in all it was a fun night and we got to watch Batman for almost 3 hours so you can't really go wrong there!
 I will admit that there were some tears shed at the end of the movie and I felt like a fool because you are NOT supposed to cry when you go to super hero movies. However I think Batman holds a deep enough place in my heart that I am allowed to cry during the final installment of the Batman trilogy.

Other than Batman our weekend wasn't too exciting. I worked and then Colton worked and we were on our opposite schedules as usual, just living the life of working married people :) Oh I am forgetting that we did get to see some of my family's friends from Texas this weekend! The Smith's have been our friends for like forever. I was 5 when we moved to Texas and it was close to that time that we met the Smith family. We usually get to see them once a year when they go Utah for family reunions and stuff. It was nice to see them. Little side note... they have a son who is 17 named Aaron. He is one of my favorite members of that family. He is just a goof and he always kept us laughing when we were younger. Anyway, he kind of resembles Justin Bieber. I guess he has been stopped several times by hormonal teenage girls that want a picture with him because of this resemblance. It is a hard life to be the Biebs look-a-like so he told these girls once that they could get a picture with him for a dollar. They gladly paid up ;) 
Before the Smith's left my grandma (aka G or G-dawg) asked Aaron if she could have a picture with him for a dollar. She got her picture and then had to scout for loose change in her car to pay up.
 My grandma is funny.

That sums up life in the Jensen home as of late. This next month will have a little more excitement to share! 
It will be nice to have more to report on around here.

1 comment:

  1. Christian walks around the house saying "I'm Batman" all the time! We have also seen the movie 4 times... how is that for unhealthy?
    There is NO WAY Aaron is 17 now! We can't be that old can we? haha and I love G!

    ReplyDelete