Monday, July 16, 2012

Lemonjello, Orangejello, La-A

Most people would see Lemonjello and Oragejello and just think someone forgot the spaces between the words, however in this case they would be wrong. Those are in fact names. 
Lemonjello pronounced lem-onj-ello
Oragejello pronounced Or-onj-ello
La-A I guess is pronounced la-dash-a
I haven't yet decided which is my favorite name but I think they are all creative to the point of funny.

Anywho now that it is July 16th and we are almost two weeks past the 
4th of July
I should probably blog about all the holiday/general fun we've been having :)

First we must highlight my Auntie Tonda's 3rd of July party which is my family's 4th of July prequel.
Unfortunately this year we had that terrible fire right before the 4th of July that was no bueno. All of the damage that happened and all that those families lost is just terrible and our thoughts are definitely with those people. I can't even imagine going through that experience.

 Anyway, because it was so dry and activities involving fire weren't the safest, the 3rd of July party had to be altered a little. Typically we would have some huge firework show with a program listing all of the fireworks that were let off and a good mix of songs celebrating America. This year though my Aunt had to get SUPER creative to keep the tradition alive. 

We began as usual with our recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance. Following the Pledge, my Uncle set up his projector and we watched legit firework displays from youtube.

 Enjoying the show!

The cool spinning glow sticks that we called 
"ground blooms" 
since we couldn't use the real ones.

Since we couldn't play with sparklers, my aunt bought everyone a glow stick and we twirled those around instead! It was so creative and still tons of fun, though next year I would much prefer the real stuff

For the 4th, me and the husband had to work :( but I shouldn't complain because we both had that night off and we got to watch the fireworks still. 

We worked like completely opposite of each other, so I have basically no pictures from the 4th of July except this one...

 We were happy to see a flag in this year's 4th of July parade

And this one... 
 
Our ward entered a float in the parade... It was cute and it won an award!

And this one... 


We watched the fireworks at Colton's parent's house. Their backyard is the fairgrounds which makes it a  prime firework watching spot. 
And there was free food. 
We like free food...
 A LOT
After Theeeee Biggest Show in Idaho! we went in the front yard and lit some of our own fireworks and the kids played with sparklers. We only burned one of them. I call that a success with sparklers and children. 

That night we stayed at Colton's parents because the next morning we were leaving at 7:30 to go to Bountiful for his cousin Brant's sealing. It was such a tender moment being there for their sealing.
They have a little girl and being able to see their little family sealed together for eternity was pretty amazing. It was so awesome to be able to share that experience with them and to share in the happiness. Unfortunately I was not on top of things so I don't have a picture with them but here are some from after the sealing as we were waiting to go to lunch at Chuck-A-Rama.


 This is Colton's cousin-in-law Scott. 
We asked him to take a picture and this is what we got.
 It was too good not to post.

 Once we got Scott to take a picture of us, 
Colton's other cousin Armando decided to pop into the photo. 
It was also too good not to post.

It was a good day in Bountiful :) We are so happy for Brant and Mercedez.

Nothing super exciting happened between July 5th and July 15th,
Well aside from the day of a million birthdays 
Colton has an uncle and cousin with July 12th birthdays and I have a brother and cousin with that birthday. 
It's a busy day for us

 On the 15th, which was yesterday, we headed to Sandy, Utah for Colton's Mission President's homecoming. Colton has been looking forward to this for like a year and a half, needless to say he was pretty excited. 

The meeting started at 9 so in order to get there early enough to get a seat and talk to some of his mission friends, we had to leave here at 5:30 in the morning. We are NOT morning people and I had been getting up at 5:30 every other day of the week so it was difficult but we made it out of Pocatello on time and had plenty of time to talk to people and get really good seats :) Because things were a little crazy, this is the only picture I have of the day but it is a pretty cool picture.

There was fog for most of the trip there but at this point it just looked cool because you could see the top and bottom of the fog line. Crazy clouds... if it were dark it would have just been eerie. 

Anyway, before the meeting started, we were able to say hi to President Sorensen and his wife which I think made Colton pretty happy. He really loves the Sorensens. They both gave great talks and between them all of the missionaries from the Ohio Cleveland Mission got up and sang their mission song. It was a tender moment with a lot of crying missionaries. 

After the meeting, we met up with a bunch of Colton's companions and other friends from his mission. I wish I could say that I remember all of them but there were a lot of people crammed into a short period of time. They were all so nice though and it was great to get to meet the people my husband used to write me about while he was on his mission and put faces to the names. We went to President Sorensen's house and had some food and then decided we should head home. All in all it was a great day and it was fun to meet everyone and for Colton to see all of his friends. 

Now we are back to normal life where we have to work and do not as fun stuff. But we both have Friday off so we will be having a date night... as soon as I figure out what we will be doing ;) 
It will be great I'm sure


 

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog... I think you are funny like me! :) But I am so sad I didn't get to go to the parade! but happy that they had the flag this year... What they were thinking last year-- WHO KNOWS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you :) I enjoy your blog as well! And I'm pretty sure funny is in our blood. We are just a naturally hilarious family ;)

    ReplyDelete